Challenge: Some Interpretation Required
- Ultrasound images are difficult for medical professionals to read without special training.
- Ultrasound devices are not useful without proper interpretation.
- Untrained providers must forgo procedures that rely on proper ultrasound identification.
Solution: Apply ML to Ultrasound Images
- Use ML to identify anatomy in ultrasound images.
- Incorporate real-time visualization into the medical workflow.
Impact: Making Anesthesiology A Bit Easier
- More practitioners can interpret the ultrasound and locate the brachial plexus nerve network.
- Locating the brachial plexus allows doctors to administer local anesthesia.
- Local anesthesia is more accessible, less risky, and less costly than general anesthesia.
Infinia ML can help you automate image analysis.
Email us to learn more.
For one ultrasound device maker, Infinia ML:
- Developed deep-learning-based image techniques to identify not only the brachial plexus, but the blood vessel and muscles around it.
- Built capability to identify objects in real time as the device’s position and the image are moving.
- Helped incorporate deep learning process onto a mobile device.